Gå til innhold
Nasjonalarkivet

[#78702] Namsos parish records


Recommended Posts

Gjest Nancy Hashka
Skrevet

Hello, I'm emailing you from Victoria BC Canada and I am unfamiliar with the parishes for Norway.I don't know where to look for birth records for Namsos after 1900. All I can find in the parish records for Namsos for that time are diary notes. Does anyone know where else I should look? Is there another parish that would have recorded this information?Thank you, Nancy Hashka

Gjest Inge Hildrum
Skrevet

Hi! You are on the right place, but they have not yet publicised the records for Namsos after 1900. Is there any names you are looking for?

  • 3 uker senere...
Gjest Nancy Hashka
Skrevet

Hi, thank you for answering my question. I have an entire side of my family that are from Namsos. I can't find any digitised records for them. Is there any other parish to look at for information on people who lived in Namsos?The one person I am mostly looking for is my grandfather. In 1905 his parents moved from Steinkjer and I can't locate them anywhere else in either Nord Trondelag or Sor Trondelag between 1905 and 1910. I know that his father (my great-grandfather) had a lot of family in Namsos so I am wondering if they moved there.My grandfather is Arne Jenshus, born August 5, 1906. His parents were John Martinussen Jenshus (born 1874) and Julianne Johnsdatter (born 1875).

Gjest Eldbjørg Lyngstad
Skrevet

I think the books with the birth (and other) records for those years are still kept at Namsos, and will not be digitised untill they are sent to the archive. In December the 1910 Census will be published here at Digitalarkivet.

Gjest Ron Berg-Iverson
Skrevet

Nancy,have you checked your original posting? Arne was born in Tranabakken and probably was christened in Ogndal 1906 which records are not posted.I also found some more information in Inderøy/Sakshaug for Martinus Pedersens family.I dont know if you have the information back to 1800? My computer was down for awhile.Maybe I can post it on the other posting? Or you can contact me at bergiverson at shaw.ca. Ron

  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

    • Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
×
×
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.