Gå til innhold
Nasjonalarkivet

[#79771] Is there a gard called Kleven in Halsa


Recommended Posts

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
Skrevet

I can't figure out what farm is mentioned in these birth records:Thora Soverine Pedersdatter (no. 129) Permanent sidelenke: [url="http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=884&idx_id=884&uid=ny&idx_side=-67>LenkeandChristian Severin Pedersen (no. 27) Permanent sidelenke: LenkeClearly, it says 'Kleven' but I do find a farm or bruk by this name in Halse og Harkmark. By the time of the 1865 census, the father (Peder Torkildsen) has died and the mother has remarried. They reside in Mandal. See this link:

Gjest Hanne Line Osberg Eide
Skrevet

There is a farm called Klev in Halsa/Hartmark.

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
Skrevet

Thank you Hanne Line!I did see this farm. Do you think Klev might also be called Kleven?mvh Patti

Gjest Hanne Line Osberg Eide
Skrevet

I'm not familiar with that area, so I can't garantee thats right.But 'Kleven' is the definite form of a the noun 'Klev'. Klev is the indefinite form.Just like 'the car' is the definite form of 'a car'.

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
Skrevet

Thank you for explaining!mvh Patti

Gjest Harald Søren Storaker
Skrevet

Klev is a farm 5 km west of Mandal and Kleven is the outer harbour in Mandal, 1 km to the south, where the bigger vessels could land.Online map: http://kart.gulesider.no/m/pAz2Q

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
Skrevet

Many thanks, Harald!Do I understand you to say that Kleven is an area that is a part of Mandal? This makes sense.Thanks again...mvh Patti

Gjest Harald Søren Storaker
Skrevet

Mandal was before 1960 devided in Mandal (town) and Halse (rural district). The sailship port Kleven was within the rural district, but belonged to Mandal town. The 1801 census covers Mandal and Halse included. But in 1865 and 1900 census Mandal and Halse are seperated. And Kleven belonged to Mandal.There is a Kleven historic book: 'Klevefolk. Historien om en havn' issued Mandal 1996, author: Dag Hundstad

Gjest Patricia Carlsen Mikkelsen
Skrevet

Again, I thank you, Harald! This information is most helpful. Now, I understand why the kirkebøker for Mandal and Halse are combined.mvh Patti

  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

    • Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
×
×
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.