Gå til innhold
Nasjonalarkivet

[#82437] Parish for Dalen, Telemark?


Recommended Posts

Gjest Mary EllenPeterson
Skrevet

I would like to know which church record for 1850 to look in for Dalen, Telemark. Thank you, Mary Ellen

Gjest Helge Berntsen
Skrevet

I think you should try Mo, Mary Ellen.

Gjest Mary EllenPeterson
Skrevet

Thank you. I tried both of these places, but did not find her. In America she was Mary Thompson b. 18 Aug 1851 in 'Telemark Dalen'. She came to America in 1865 or 66. That is all I know about her. Mary Ellen

Gjest Harald Flaten
Skrevet

Torgrimson in Norway often became Thompson in America.Halvor Torgrimson, b. 24 Aug 1833 in Dahli (Dale), Luxefjell, Gjerpen, Telemark, http://gamlegjerpen.no/Bygdebok/Dale/DaleNedre.htm went to America in 1853. He had 8 children. One was called Mary Thompson.She was born in 1866, and is not the person you look for if your birthdate is correct.You should probably look for a father named Torgrim or perhaps Thomas.

Gjest Anfinn Bernaas
Skrevet

Harald's suggestions could be right, but other male names beginning with To/Tho could as well be the actual namne, for example T(h)orsten/T(h)orger (normalized to Torstein/Torgeir in modern Norwegian). Yes, even T(h)or and T(h)ov could be the origin of Thompson.

Gjest Mary EllenPeterson
Skrevet

Great help. Thank you so much. I am going to search some more. Mary Ellen

  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

    • Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
×
×
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.