Robert Christensen Skrevet Mars 1, 2011 Skrevet Mars 1, 2011 Hello, I am new to the forum. My name is Robert Christensen and I need help deciphering the parish record for my great grandfather's birth. He was Abraham Christensen and was born 14 Sep. 1797 in Vestre Moland, Aust-Agder. His father is listed as Christen Andersen from Reyses or Reises, and his mother is Anne Olsdatter from a location I can't identify. Here is the listing: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?show=84&uid=348664&urnread_imagesize=full&hode=nei&ls=1 If someone can help me identify the place Reyses and what the modern name is I would greatly appreciate it. Also, any help with identifying where Anne Olsdatter is from would be helpful. Many thanks in advance, R. Christensen
Torodd Kinn Skrevet Mars 1, 2011 Skrevet Mars 1, 2011 Here's the link. The modern place name is Reise. There is no place name after the mother's name. The word there is "Barn", i.e. 'Child'.
Robert Christensen Skrevet Mars 1, 2011 Forfatter Skrevet Mars 1, 2011 Here's the link. The modern place name is Reise. There is no place name after the mother's name. The word there is "Barn", i.e. 'Child'. Thanks! I guess I realized that about "barn"... Regards, R. Christensen
Recommended Posts