Gå til innhold
Nasjonalarkivet

[#7182] Kari Iversdatter - Holde, Nes, Hallingdal


Recommended Posts

Gjest Dale Tuvey
Skrevet

I am searching for information on the parents, grandparents, siblings, etc. of Kari Iversdatter. She was described as being born (or baptised I'm not sure which) Feb 7, 1789 in Holde, Nes, Hallingdal. Unfortunately, I can not find where this place is. I assume Holde must be the farm name, and Nes the parish, but I can not locate Hallingdal. Is this the old name for a location which would have a different name in some of the databases available through this site?I noted with interest Svein Erik Nordhagen's question about Nes in Hallingdal a few entries earlier in this forum, so the place must exist. Can someone help clear this up for me?

Gjest Astrid Ryen
Skrevet

Holde is the farm ,and Nes (Næss in 1801) is the parish. Nes is situated in Hallingdal which is a valley in the county of Buskerud. Go to the 1801 census, search for Holde as a farm name - there is only one farm by that name where you will Karen Iversdatter, her siblings, and parents. Astrid Ryen

Gjest Tormod Thoresen
Skrevet

Hi.Holde farm is not in Næs in Hallingdal, but in Hemsedal in Hallingdal.Hemsedal was an annex for Næs parish.Tormod

Gjest Dale Tuvey
Skrevet

Thank you for the clarifications. I did see the one reference to Næss in Buskerud but was not sure that was the right place because I didn't see any reference to Hallingdal. It makes sense that there would not be a reference to a valley, but I wonder why the valley name would be shown as the place she was from? Is Hallingdal valley a very famous place that everyone knows, whose fame surpasses the Parish or State (is fylke the correct term?) it is in, i.e. Næss (Hemsedal) or Buskerud? It sounds like Hemsedal was really the place where the farm was. Is that correct?

Gjest Tormod Thoresen
Skrevet

BothHallingdal and Hemsedal are very good known.If you go to the Bygdelag and click on Hallingdal, then you can see where in Norway it is.The web-site for Bygdelag:http://www.hfaa.org/bygdelag/Good luck!Tormod

Gjest Ole Bernt Gammelsæter
Skrevet

Are you sure it is not Kari Persdtr Holde born 1789?Best Regards Ole Bernt Gammelsæter

  • 4 uker senere...
Gjest Dale Tuvey
Skrevet

Thank you for the suggestion. I will have to research this in my notes and database now that the question has been raised.

  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

    • Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
×
×
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.