Gå til innhold
Nasjonalarkivet

[#9653] Gierloff


Recommended Posts

Gjest Patty Gierloff
Skrevet

I have traced my ancestors back to Kragero in 1800 or so. I have found Christian Gierloff (with various spellings) in the1801 census, but I am unable to find any birth record of him. He was born in 1759, I don't know if he was born in Norway or his parents names. I believe he married a Petronelle Marie Klem. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Gjest Berit Knudsen
Skrevet

Kragerø 1801: If it is your man the name of his wife was Anne Kirstine Holst.

Gjest Heidi Tofterå Slettemoen
Skrevet

We have a hunch that Christian was married more than once, maybe someone has access to records from Kragerø?

Gjest Berit Knudsen
Skrevet

Tollere gjennom 300 år: Kragerø, Christian Gierløw, b. 17/12 1760 Kopenhagen. Tollerfullmektig for 4 y. in Kragerø, and tollbetjent Kragerø 19/6 1783-d.27/1 1815. I do not know if d.27/1 1815 is when he died?

Gjest Heidi Tofterå Slettemoen
Skrevet

Petronelle Marie Grønbech Klem was born May 8th 1801 in Laurdal. If as it seems, Christian Gierløw died Jan 27th 1815, they can not have been married.Petronelles oldest son, also called Christian Gierløw, is only 37 in 1865.It could seem likely that Petronelle was married to the son of the Christian b. 1760...

Gjest Heidi Tofterå Slettemoen
Skrevet

Wild guess: Could these be Petronelle`s parents - they are the only Klems in Laurdal, Vestfold county (Lardal/Tokke) in the 1801-census: Lenke

Gjest Ketil Firing Hanssen
Skrevet

Heidi!Lardal (Laurdal) in Vestfold is not the same as Lårdal (Laurdal) in Tokke, Telemark.

Gjest Heidi Tofterå Slettemoen
Skrevet

Oops! That was ignorant of me, I don`t know the area well enough. Thanks for pointing that out!The census is from La(u)rda(h)l, Vestfold. The birthrecord only said Laurdal, Norway, but I believe that too is Lardal, Vestfold.

Gjest Patty Gierloff
Skrevet

Thank you all for the information. I did in fact have the wives names mixed up. I didn' t have my records in front of me & with a Christian in every generation it's easy to do. The Kopenhagen link is the best I've had so far. I will be sure to check into that. I love this board! I will be a frequent visitor. Thank you again!!

Gjest Ketil Firing Hanssen
Skrevet

Here are the only 3 Gierløws in the 1787 census for Copenhagen: Lenke   Johan is probably Christian G's father. As you see, Christians future wife Anne Kestine Holst lives on the same address!

Gjest Patty Gierloff
Skrevet

Thank you all so much. On my next day off I will be going to the Geneaology library to look at that 1787 census myself. I can not tell you how much I appriciate all this information. We have been looking for the link outside of Norway for so long. Thank you again.Patty

  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

    • Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
×
×
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.