Gå til innhold
Nasjonalarkivet

Sem Sivertsen born January 4, 1845 in Nærbo


Recommended Posts

Skrevet

I am wondering if anybody can tell me what became of Sem Sivertsen born January 4, 1845 in Nærbo parish, Rogaland to parents Sivert Knudsen Kvie and Malene Torrisdatter? He is listed in the 1865 census on the farm Kvie with his parents. In the 1875 census his parents are still living but his brother Kristen Sivertsen is the head of the household. I would appreciate any help.

 

Best Regards!

 

Clark Monson

Skrevet

I am wondering if anybody can tell me what became of Sem Sivertsen born January 4, 1845 in Nærbo parish, Rogaland to parents Sivert Knudsen Kvie and Malene Torrisdatter? He is listed in the 1865 census on the farm Kvie with his parents. In the 1875 census his parents are still living but his brother Kristen Sivertsen is the head of the household. I would appreciate any help.

 

Best Regards!

 

Clark Monson

 

Sem Sivertsen b. 1845 Kvie died 12.1.1896 in Malde. See 9271-73

http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=3&filnamn=SJMENN&gardpostnr=9273&merk=9273#ovre

  • 7 år senere...
Skrevet

Hello Clark Monson - I accidentally fell over your question.  Sem Sivertsen was my wifes great grandfather.  He was a skipper on sailships that sailed on the North Sea.  (He was calles The Devil in the North Sea :-). He was married to a lady from Wales. They had two daughters.  One of them - my wifes grandmother.  I mean that he moved from Wales to Stavanger in Norway some time between 1900-1910.  He was awarded the King's Merit Silver Medal in 1929.

 

As I can see from a Farm and Family History book I have from Nærbø Sivert Knudsen Kvia and Malene Torrisdatter had 10 children. The book also say that Sem S. was unmarried - but thats not right.

 

Hope this is to some help for you.

 

KInd regards HW

 

 

 

 

Logg inn for å kommentere

Du vil kunne skrive en kommentar etter at du logger inn



Logg inn nå
  • Hvem er aktive   0 medlemmer

    • Ingen innloggede medlemmer aktive
×
×
  • Opprett ny...

Viktig Informasjon

Arkivverket bruker cookies (informasjonskapsler) på sine nettsider for å levere en bedre tjeneste. De brukes til bl.a. skjemaoppdateringer og innlogging. Bruk siden som normalt, eller lukk informasjonsboksen for å akseptere bruk av cookies.